AWESOME NEW DIVE LIGHTS!!!!

For general discussion about buying gear, configuration and those necessary diving accessories.

AWESOME NEW DIVE LIGHTS!!!!

Postby petemes » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:49 am

Just got hold of the new CathXocean lights

Up until my truk trip I hadnt heard of them. I have written a full write up about them and my thoughts on this link http://petemesley.com/CATHXocean.htm

I am so impressed with them I am bringing them in. They are the best pricing for Umbilical lights and the hand held is a real gem.

This is the hand held. full details on the above write up link.
you can use goodman handles on any of the lights.

and this is the umbilical.

I will be bringing in an initial shipment to get the ball rolling. anyone wanting to place initial orders will get amazing savings on these lights. I have demo lights and am happy to send them to you nationally. You will love them and a great investment.

Pete Mes
"A little less talk a little more action" Elvis Presley
petemes
Site Sponsor

Re: AWESOME NEW DIVE LIGHTS!!!!

Postby binklebonk » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:57 am

They look very nice Pete.

One question though.. How the feck do you pronounce Cathxocean??

:shock:
binklebonk

Postby petemes » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:10 am

binklebonk wrote:They look very nice Pete.

inhale some saltwater and when you are coughing and spluttering then try! Works for me!
petemes
Site Sponsor

Postby petemes » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:11 am

I am also getting lights for hire too for those who cant afford the investment but need high quality lights for specific tasks (ie Lermi etc) Now that there is a bulletproof light that cant be flooded I feel safer now to get some into hire!@

Pete
petemes
Site Sponsor

Postby binklebonk » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:14 am

petemes wrote:
binklebonk wrote:They look very nice Pete.

inhale some saltwater and when you are coughing and spluttering then try! Works for me!

Oh ok that's easier than the "fall down some stairs" approach I was using.. :wink:

What sort of beam pattern do these produce?

They look very very similar to the SOLUS range in style.
binklebonk

Postby ChuckyBob » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:39 pm

As a self confessed dive light geek I must say I'm very impessed with the specs and features. Perhaps a few to many modes for my liking though. Was this company set up by ex Solus employees? Any beam shot photos? What angle beam do they produce?

Also the pricing look excellent. Almost too good to be true for what appears to be a very well designed light.
ChuckyBob

Postby petemes » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:45 pm

ChuckyBob wrote:As a self confessed dive light geek I must say I'm very impessed with the specs and features. Perhaps a few to many modes for my liking though. Was this company set up by ex Solus employees? Any beam shot photos? What angle beam do they produce?

Also the pricing look excellent. Almost too good to be true for what appears to be a very well designed light.

HI Greg,

Yeah it has some features alright. I guess, its good if you need em but something you wont use all the time.
You know, I asked the same question with regards to solus but Adrian has no affiliation with the guys except he has generously bought them out entirely after they went bust. So you can certainly see some facial similarities for sure. But inside they are completely different. (i know I have been inside my solus - thats the light that died!)

I will try and get some light beam comparisons but the LEDs are still on the wider scale of the spectrum. I know that Adrian is working very hard in narrowing up the beam for cave divers. For wreck stuff its a dream.

Like I said anyone is welcome to use it and see for themselves whether they like it or not.

all the best

Pete
petemes
Site Sponsor

Postby ChuckyBob » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:30 pm

Let me know if you would like me to have a look at the Solus Pete. Im sure it can be fixed and maybe even improved on!
ChuckyBob

Return to Dive Equipment