Diesel Compressor for Air Tanks.

For general discussion about buying gear, configuration and those necessary diving accessories.

Diesel Compressor for Air Tanks.

Postby Drip » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:18 am

Hi peoples,

Mate is about to land a big 40ft Yacht (in a few weeks) for an incredible price (of which I'm forwarding $5,000 to it) ...he wants an Air Compressor for Tank Fills, preferable Diesel. 'We' are wondering if any of you know an 'average' price for compressors, sizes and or reputable brands for safety and performance reasons :?:
Also, are there any considerations needed besides having the Compressor in a very well 'ventilated' area of the boat, especially when being used :?:
cheers,
Jase
Drip

Re: Diesel Compressor for Air Tanks.

Postby Northland Dive » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:18 am

Hi Jase,
Sorry, this reply is on a totally separate note....and I do apologize if we have spoken about the use of your members image previously???? old age is setting in all to fast!!!!
We don't mind our images being used with a credit to Northland Dive and as long we know what their usage is. :D
So please drop us a line to discuss. Julia & Shane Ph 09 433 6633, info@northlanddive.com

Cheers
Northland Dive
Site Sponsor

Postby ChuckyBob » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:38 am

There are a few compressors on Trade Me at the moment. That should give you an idea about ptice ( or better yet phone the local distributor for Coltri or Bauer).
No reason you can run a diesel engine. The compressor its self will need good ventilation to keep cool and have fresh air to feed the engine. You also dont want a build up of exhaust gas in the hold or cabin. With a long enough 40mm+ hose the inlet for the compressor could be anywhere. Preferably picking up fresh clean dry air.
I'd probably recommend the smallest reliable compressor you can find. Perhaps a 3.5cfm one. You could probably run it off a 4 or 5 hp motor.
Have it in a small frame and build a box to cover it. Then sit it on the back deck of the yacht and use it as a seat or table.
ChuckyBob

Postby Drip » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:57 pm

So sorry Julia & Shane, didn't realise the connection. Great image though, eh! I love Sweep and one day I hope to get back to the Northland area and possibly see such an image 'for real'. I don't use my 'collection' for anything but avatar and I haven't used this/your image previously besides the previous post. Will change the image in T-minus a few minutes. :) :( :)
Drip

Postby Drip » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:03 pm

Cheers ChuckyBob, will pass it on and take a look myself.
:)
Drip

Return to Dive Equipment