HOG gear

For general discussion about buying gear, configuration and those necessary diving accessories.

HOG gear

Postby Janusmalanus » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:41 am

Just wondering if any of you were diving with HOG regs, and if so where did you get them and more importantly how are you getting them serviced?

Popped into my LDS yesterday to find out if they would service them but got the feeling that a) because they had never heard of them and b) they don't buy their servicing kits that they wouldn't be the people to go to.

I have read some good reviews on the gear, but don't want to buy it if I cant get it serviced.
Janusmalanus

Re: HOG gear

Postby rambaldi » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:50 pm

I know MikeB was diving one for a while on his stage bottle.

He might also be able to service them for you, you can email him with: sales at divestop dot co dot nz (replace as appropriate). He is out of the country though, and will be pretty busy afterwards, so you might have to wait until February to get a response.

The other option to try is Dive Doctor. They service pretty much any regs, although the HOGs aren't on their list.

As to purchasing them, I think Dive Pirate is the only New Zealand retailer.
rambaldi

Postby divepirate » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:18 pm

Bingo,
Yes I am currently the importer for HOG gear.

I dive with a hog d1 first stage and a HOG classic reg, I also use a edge inflator octo.
Since using HOG, have never had a freeflow, and the regs are seemingly bombproof.
As soon as the gear was landed, I advertised the oceanic and aeris regs I had previously been using, and I have not looked back.
I am just amazed that this quality gear has never been bought in before.

I intend to bring all of the service kits for the regs as well, which are available to any retailer (should they have the necessary service experience), or to any suitably qualified diver to service themselves.

Currently I have had no approaches from any service agents, but any hog gear that needs servicing can be serviced via Dave at the dive doctor, who I am happy to supply service kits.

There is currently a closed position in the dive industry as relates to web shops, so I am unable to purchase advertising for the quality equipment in any of the local dive magazines.

I am certain this will change in the future, it is only a matter of time.

In the meantime, if you look for hog gear in NZ you will find it, currently not available in stores!
Matt.
Forum Administrator.

I cant think of anything more relaxing, than being in the downunder, breathing some nice clean fresh filtered 21% nitrox.
divepirate
Forum Administrator

Postby binklebonk » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:53 pm

I've had a couple of sets of HOGs across my service bench and they seem very good, remarkably heavy chroming on them. The first production run of the D1 1st stages had some quality issues that have since been resolved so don't buy old stock.
binklebonk

Postby ChuckyBob » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:02 am

Dive pirate, I gather from your post you are note willing to sell service kits to end users? May I ask why?
ChuckyBob

Postby divepirate » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:05 pm

Matt.
Forum Administrator.

I cant think of anything more relaxing, than being in the downunder, breathing some nice clean fresh filtered 21% nitrox.
divepirate
Forum Administrator

Postby Janusmalanus » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:39 pm

Thanks so much for getting back to me guys. Fears are allayed... HOG it is then :) It's going to be like Christmas all over again
Janusmalanus

Postby ChuckyBob » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Thanks DP. but that does not really answer my question. Edge's position is they do not RECOMMEND the selling of service kits to end users.

Will you sell service kits to end users?
ChuckyBob

Return to Dive Equipment