Camelion

A Place for Discussions On All The Various mCCRs, eCCRs, SCRs & Diving Profiles.

Camelion

Postby ChuckyBob » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:12 pm

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/general- ... ber-5.html

New kid on the block.

Seems to have been under development for a few years but kept quite quiet which I think is a good thing.

Has a few great ( IMHO) design features like the split scrubber, dual counterlung entry points and separate electronics pod.

I for one will be keeping an eye on this CCR.
ChuckyBob

Re: Camelion

Postby petemes » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:27 pm

Not a bad piece of kit judging by the information on their site. It is great to see lots of ideas being put into action and turned into functioning breathers.

My biggest thing would be - where will these guys be in 2, 3, 5 or 10 years time? Its all well and good making one or two breathers but its the consistent quality in manufacturing, customer support, R&D, making the breather better, upgrades, etc etc etc etc. (not to mention what to do when litigation knocks on their doors) This is what makes a breather a great piece of kit. Something that stands the test of time.

Good luck to them. I hope that they do well.

I will stick with my trustee inspo. Never misses a beat, does what I need it to do. And besides, I have just pimped it out with new concept BMC that I have been working on for a while, so waiting to see how it all goes.

Happy diving.!!

Pete Mes
"A little less talk a little more action" Elvis Presley
petemes
Site Sponsor

Postby silent solutions » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:47 am

petemes wrote:Not a bad piece of kit judging by the information on their site. It is great to see lots of ideas being put into action and turned into functioning breathers.

My biggest thing would be - where will these guys be in 2, 3, 5 or 10 years time? Its all well and good making one or two breathers but its the consistent quality in manufacturing, customer support, R&D, making the breather better, upgrades, etc etc etc etc. (not to mention what to do when litigation knocks on their doors) This is what makes a breather a great piece of kit. Something that stands the test of time.

Good luck to them. I hope that they do well.

I will stick with my trustee inspo. Never misses a beat, does what I need it to do. And besides, I have just pimped it out with new concept BMC that I have been working on for a while, so waiting to see how it all goes.

Happy diving.!!

Pete Mes

Hi Pete is it lungs that you have made or the golem gear ones?
silent solutions

Postby ChuckyBob » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:10 am

petemes wrote:
My biggest thing would be - where will these guys be in 2, 3, 5 or 10 years time?

This is a good point. The way I see it though is the less proprietry stuff on a RB the better.
Counter lungs are easy enough for any DIY guy to make or at least get made. If you have a lathe you can spin up lots of the fittings needed. Much if not all of the pneumatics can easily be replaced.
I would think that if there are enough units produced and sold in the first place that if the company did disappear some other small company may start producing key parts for it. Much like the Deep Pursuit or HH heads for the Inspo.
I guess you dont really want to own one of the first units but by the time they have sold 100 and looking like a steady company its much less of a problem.

I will stick with my trustee inspo. Never misses a beat,

Never missed a dive due to unit issues?
ChuckyBob

Postby petemes » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:27 am

Hey Gibbo,

What I have done is still used the inspo lungs, this time I have cut them in half through the middle and turned the lungs round so that the T pieces are over the top section of the shoulder. Blanked the Man O2 and DIl feeds and secured the base of the CL's so they sit nicely behind my back plate. I got the Golem man O2 and DIL feeds which are great. They come over my shoulders. O2 is plumbed into my exhalation snorkel side and DIL is plumbed into the top of the lid just above the cells so this will make dil flushes easy.

Looks clean, and uncluttered.

Pete
"A little less talk a little more action" Elvis Presley
petemes
Site Sponsor

Return to Rebreather Diving