January diving in the South Island

The Marlborough Sounds, Milford Sound, Kaikoura, Otago, Fiordland and Stewart Island.

January diving in the South Island

Postby Nebtheconfused » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:00 am

Me and my other half are taking a break from the cold wet UK for a month over christmas.

We already have 2 weeks of diving in the North Island, including a trip to White island with John Baker after so many people hear seemed to have glowing reports of him!

The plan was to get to south island via the ferry around the 10th or 11th of January and apart from needing to be in Christchurch for the 23rd to fly home again we have no fixed ideas.

We were thinking about doing some dives around the Marlborough Sounds and Kaikoura, but really want some local recmendations, we are both PADI AOW divers with about 40 dives each.

Any sugestions would be great!

Thanks
Ben
Nebtheconfused

Re: January diving in the South Island

Postby NEMES1S » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:54 pm

Awesome guys White Island will rock youir boat for sure....John is great without question..

If you are down Wellington ways look us up and we will organise a 4x4 trip with a dive or something,a bit of South Coast 99 crew hospitality :D
NEMES1S
Moderator / NIGHTDIVERS99 Crew

Re: January diving in the South Island

Postby Nebtheconfused » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:57 pm

Thanks!

I scared of going to fiordland after the last (non diving) trip that seemed to involve more sandflys and mozzies than i thought possible!

NEMES1S we should be in Wellington for a couple of days, probably the 9th 10th 11th, as i have to make sure i visit my sister.
Nebtheconfused

Return to South Island