Akaroa - anyone want a challenge?

The Marlborough Sounds, Milford Sound, Kaikoura, Otago, Fiordland and Stewart Island.

Akaroa - anyone want a challenge?

Postby gina003 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:58 am

My boyfriend and I spent the weekend in Akaroa and went kayaking on Sunday. On our way back probably in Glen Bay just passing a boat (to the left of it if the land is on the right) called 'Zararuthra' or similar, particularly interesting boat name that I pointed out at which point my boyfriend's expensive waterproof camera slipped off his arm,it fell into the water and it was too late to fish it out as it sunk too quickly and we couldn't see anything either. It's not so much the value of the camera but the photos that we lost that is the real loss.

I wondered, if anyone out there can dive and wants a bit of a challenge and do some random strangers an enormous favour, how about some camera hunt in the cold waters of Akaroa harbour? ;)

The camera is an olympus tough, image attached, with a red strap. t will probably survive down there for a wee while as it's durable and a very waterproof camera...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Gina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gina003

Re: Akaroa - anyone want a challenge?

Postby binklebonk » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:58 pm

There is next to no chance of anyone finding it deliberately. The tidal flow in Akaroa harbour is such that it could be anywhere by now.

Acceptance of the inevitability of your permanent separation from that camera will be the least painful course in the long run..

:cry:
binklebonk

Postby ChuckyBob » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:13 pm

You are such a pessimist Rob!
ChuckyBob

Postby binklebonk » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:40 pm

Everyday is better than the next, chucky...
binklebonk

Postby divepirate » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:28 pm

Sounds like a good excuse for a dive.
I did a similar thing in the north, (for a cellphone) and the guy didn't want the phone, he had a replacement already.

He did however want the photos, that were irreplaceable.

Good hunting there.
Matt.
Forum Administrator.

I cant think of anything more relaxing, than being in the downunder, breathing some nice clean fresh filtered 21% nitrox.
divepirate
Forum Administrator

Return to South Island