First 'real' dive...

The Poor Knights, BOI, Hauraki Gulf, East Coast & Wellington

First 'real' dive...

Postby heroeslegend » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:36 am

So this weekend the gf and I donned our gear and stepped into the murky, sand ridden abyss of Arkles bay for a bit of a gander, so that we could run through some basic stuff. Happy to say everything went well, according to plan. However, it all came acropper at the end, not 20 feet from the shoreline and in less than 3 feet of water.

Needless to say, if you happen to be in the area and come across a yellow and black beauchat power jet fin, can I claim it back please? :oops:

*why they dont make this stuff float i've no idea!*
heroeslegend

Re: First 'real' dive...

Postby Phantom Menace » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:47 pm

Personally I prefer it if my fins sink as there is enough bouyant stuff on a diver as it is and having your feet float up is a pain!

(although I haven't SCUBA dived in a few years now - I spend my time free-diving now).

Hope you get your fin back!
Phantom Menace

Postby Frosty » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:11 am

Murkys a bit of an understarement innit??
Frosty

Postby heroeslegend » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:32 am

Well it was only seriously bad within say 30m of the shore, there after it went to about 6ft vis. It was enough to go 'ooh pretty pebble!' (there aint a lot to look at in Arkles, but is protected and free from nasty currents).

Unfortunately said fin is still AWOL, probably sipping pinacolada on a beach in Maui.
heroeslegend

Return to North Island