Kai iwi lakes

The Poor Knights, BOI, Hauraki Gulf, East Coast & Wellington

Kai iwi lakes

Postby somethin fishy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:07 pm

Anyone dived the Kai iwi lakes? Up in Northland with marginal weather outlook for tomorrow. So thinking this is our backup plan.

Can anybody offer me any advice on how to dive it?

Cheers
Andy Stewart
somethin fishy

Re: Kai iwi lakes

Postby rambaldi » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:45 am

It was a number of years ago (11/12) and it wasn't me that dived them but had a teacher on a school camp up there dive the lakes. Said there was absolutely nothing down there other than litter.
rambaldi

Postby DiveDiva » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:39 pm

Sorry I missed this post. I have dived there a couple of times but your best bet is to PM Greg V as he was my buddy and was much more familiar with the diving there. It was an amazing experience. I wrote a trip report viewtopic.php?f=142&t=3016&hilit=kai+iwi (scroll down to the last dive) and if you enter 'Kai Iwi' into the search function, there is a bit more info from other members :)

Did you end up going at the weekend?
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator
DiveDiva
Forum Administrator

Postby somethin fishy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:35 am

The weather gods played well enough to get out from Whatuwhiwhi with Andre, so didn’t end up going.

I read your excellent post and a few posts from others on the net and there are some quite different experiences reported. Hence was curious about the best place to get in and which direction to head, etc.
Andy Stewart
somethin fishy

Return to North Island