There are other acronyms in addition to CWT, FIM and CNF (but these others won't be held at the AIDA Depth WCs).
* Dynamic Apnea without Fins = DNF
. Undertaken in a pool, horizontally. Dave Mullins has the current WR at 218m
* Dynamic Apnea (DYN)
- again a pool discipline but with fin. Dave did have the WR for this I think but it is currently 281m (Goran Corak of Croatia)
* Static Apnea (STA)
- another pool event. breathhold while face down in the water. current WR 11m 35 sec. (Stephen Mifsub)
* Variable Weight Apnea (VWT)
- a depth event. Bomb down with a weight, release at depth and swim back under your own steam. (William Winram, 145m)
* No Limits Apnea (NLT)
- get down and back on one breath by whatever means you want (scary stuff this!). Current WR is 214m (Herbert Nitsch).
NLT is falling from favour - too suicidal! On an attempt not too long ago Herbert pretty much toasted himself (bent etc.) I believe that AIDA NZ dosen't want to be involved in NLT at all (and hasn't for a long time). It is very open to gear failure - they seem to use weighted sleds to get down and then fill a lift bag to get back up.
I don't know what their thoughts on VWT record attempts are but I imagine it would be similar to NLT.
Here is the AIDA World Record page: http://www.aidainternational.org/competitive/worlds-records
Might see some of these change in the next week or so ...